WHEELABRATOR WASTE-to-ENERGY PROJECT CONSULTATION
WHEELABRATOR HAREWOOD – WASTE-to-ENERGY PROJECT - CONSULTATION
After a long period of silence Wheelabrator Harewood have now issued Section 48 notices under The Planning Act 2008 to those persons specified in the 2008 Act as well as publishing in London Gazette, a national newspaper and local newspapers of the intention to apply for a new waste-to-energy facility on the A303 Enviropark, Drayton Road, Barton Stacey.
The consultation documents can be found via the project website https://www.wtiharewood.co.uk
These documents include the Statement of Community Consultation, Preliminary Environmental Information Report (PEIR) and NonTechnical PEIR.
The Statement of Community Consultation explains where hard copy information is available to view and where they will be holding Consultation Events. Hard copies of the consultation documents will be available to view at Beech Hurst (TVBC), Andover Library, The Castle (HCC), Whitchurch Library, The Cricketers Inn and St Nicholas Church (Longparish) and The Village Hall plus The Swan Inn (Barton Stacey). Viewing hours and location of keys (where appropriate) can be found online and in the current edition of Hampshire Chronicle (page 57), and possibly other local papers
DATES of CONSULTATION
- 17 October 2019 SoCC published and available for inspection in local venues.
- 29 October 2019 Letter announcing consultation launch distributed to addresses within mailing zone
- 1 November 2019 - 12 December 2019 Statutory ‘Stage 2’ consultation period starts. Consultation materials available in local venues for inspection. Public consultation events at local venues held (including at least one event on a Saturday).
- 12 December 2019 Statutory ‘Stage 2’ consultation period closes at 17.00.
Public Consultation Events
- Tuesday 12 November Whitchurch: Gymnasium, Testbourne Community School, Micheldever Road, Whitchurch, RG28 7JF 17.00 - 21.00
- Wednesday 13 November Andover: Guildhall, High Street, Andover, SP10 1LP 16.00 - 20.00
- Thursday 14 November Barton Stacey: Village Hall, Barton Stacey, SO21 3RW 16.00 - 20.00
- Saturday 16 November Longparish: Village Hall, Longparish, SP11 6PB 09.00 - 13.00
- Wednesday 20 November Sutton Scotney: Victoria Hall, Sutton Scotney, SO21 3GX 14.30 - 18.30
A much wider area is being covered this time in response to feedback provided at the pre-statutory consultation period and the response by "prescribed persons" to the Scoping Document (Environmental Impact Assessment). The area to be covered is now a diameter of 15 ms.
This is a proposal that will have a far reaching effect as it is intended to bring up to 500,000 tonnes of commercial and municipal waste into the area by road covering a 2 hour travelling time using the M27, M3, A34 and A303. It will have a severe visual impact on the area. Local PCs, TVBC and the Raymond Brown Liaison Group have asked Wheelabrator to float 2 barrage ballons above the site to show the height of the main building and stacks, to date this is not planned although the team have said they will consider it.
Barton Stacey website has a Wheelabrator tab which has the PC response to the EIA scoping requirements as does the TVBC website.
All feedback to the consultation must be made in writing by 12th December, This can be made using the feedback form of by email. It is a requirement that Wheelabrator addresses concerns in the application so if your Town or Parish Councils have any concerns with the proposed application you must respond to Wheelabrator before 12th December.
C Emmett (Parish Clerk)
Find Upper Clatford
Upper Clatford, Andover, Hampshire