Self-Isolating? Test & Trace Support Payments
Test and Trace Payments
TVBC have asked us to advertise the following:
From 28 September 2020, individuals will be entitled to a Test and Trace Support Payment of £500 if they:
- Have been told to stay at home and self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, either because they have tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive.
- Live within the Test Valley Borough Council (TVBC) area
- Are employed or self-employed
- Are unable to work from home and will lose income as a result
- Are currently receiving one of the following benefits: Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit.
The Council will also be able to make a discretionary £500 lump sum payment in exceptional circumstances to an individual who meets the main qualifying criteria for the Test and Trace Support Payment (i.e. they are a low-income worker who is unable to work because they are self-isolating) but is not in receipt of qualifying benefits and could suffer financial hardship as a result of not being able to work, providing they have a minimum income of £80 per week
For the purposes of this scheme a low income is defined as less than
- £384.62 per week (£20,000 a year) joint income if you’re in a couple
- £384.62 per week (£20,000 a year) if you’re a single parent and your children live with you
- £257.69 per week (£13,400 a year) if you’re a single adult
This payment is designed to support people on low incomes, if they will lose income as a result of self-isolating, and to encourage them to get tested if they have symptoms. This is important to help stop the transmission of COVID-19 and avoid further economic and societal restrictions.
The scheme will last until 31 January 2021.
These payments are available from 28 September 2020. Someone told to self-isolate on or after 28 September (but before the scheme is operational in TVBC) will be able to make a backdated claim for payment.
TO CLAIM PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK:
Community Support Officer
- 01264 368000
Find Upper Clatford
Upper Clatford, Andover, Hampshire