The TVBC Local Plan – 2024 Revision
- ·Our 2020 NDP was written in conformance with the current TVBC’s Local Plan.
- ·This Local Plan will soon be replaced by an updated version.
- ·It is uncertain whether the new version will contain key policies that effect our current NDP:
- The Local Gap
- Local Green Spaces.
- ·This means that Local Gap status and new Local Green Spaces could disappear if they are not written into the New Local Plan
- ·Housing numbers to the year 2040 will be set and sites will also be identified by TVBC and could effect us
- ·The Parish Council are working through the options that will best reflect your NDP aspirations. You need to re-state your view on the importance of these issues to allow us the restate your view
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU RESPOND TO THE TVBC CONSULTATION. THE PC WILL ISSUE GUIDANCE SOON.
In 2002, the Parish Council facilitated the preparation of a Village Design Statement that was adopted by the Test Valley Borough Council. This described the special character of the village and what were considered the special features that needed to be maintained. In 2012, the Government introduced a 'Neighbourhood Planning scheme' which allows Parish residents to set out their vision regarding the use and development of land within the parish. A Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) has to reflect the views of the community within the parish; issues such as housing development, local facilities, green open spaces. It provides a vision of how the Village should 'look' in the future. Critically, this new legislation ensures the resulting NDP will become legally binding which is not the case with the Village Design Statement. In other words, it will be protected by law, have the same status as the Local Plan and has to be taken into consideration when future development is proposed within the parish.
The Parish Council's view
Test Valley Borough Council have a requirement to build many additional homes. Most of them are currently planned for Andover, Romsey and other urban areas. However, it is clear, some will need to be absorbed across the villages in the Test Valley, and this could include Upper Clatford. It is your Parish Council's goal that development within our local area should meet the needs of current residents, without compromising the ability of future generations to enjoy the special character of Upper Clatford, Anna Valley and Red Rice. But, we need to be sure that our plans reflect the wider aspirations of the community we represent. To that end we have formed a Steering Group to examine this in more detail.
The Upper Clatford Neighbourhood Plan
The Upper Clatford Neighbourhood Plan 2019 – 2029 was 'made' following the positive referendum on 6 May 2021. The Plan forms part of the Development Plan for the parish and will be used to guide planning decisions in Upper Clatford.
The full details of the Plan and the process, can be found on the Test Valley Borough Council Web Site at https://www.testvalley.gov.uk/planning-and-building/planningpolicy/neighbourhood-planning/upper-clatford-neighbourhood-plan#
The Made NDP is available at the link below. Background documents used in the development of the Plan are available at the" Documents Centre" of this tab.